It all started in the high north of germany (in Kiel best known for the 60s scene the STARPALAST)
Around 1966 Beatgroup The CHIMES OF FREEDOM became DIE ANDEREN .
And was one of the first German bands, with a US-Record deal, LPs released under the band
name APOCALYPSE, which became the new name in Germany for their 2nd LP too.
This second album was a big improvement.. nearly unbelieveable :
DREWS (now Germanys Schlager King) playing guitar sometimes in sound near Hendrix..
Psych and Prog at his best with good guitars and even a sitar is used.
Style : Beat ; Prog - Psych ;
Die Anderen ; Jürgen Drews ; Wonderland ;
Les Humphries ; Megaton ; Summer Set ;
Juergen Drews - vocals, guitar; Enrico Lombardi - bass;
Bernd Scheffler - drums; Gerd Mueller (nicht der Bomber) - rhythm guitar, voc.;
Apocalypse (1969) + 1 Bonus - Producer : Giorgio Moroder
1. Life is your Profession (Lombardi-Humphries)
2. Let it die (Lombardi-Humphries)
3. Patricia (Lombardi-Humphries)
4. Milkman (Lombardi-Humphries)
5. Try to please me (Lombardi-Humphries)
6. Pictures of my Woman (Lombardi-Humphries)
7. Linda Jones (Mueller-Schwanke)
8. Blowing in Blow (Mueller-Schwanke)
Refelctions of a Summer (Mueller-Schwanke)
2. LP mehr Prog/Psych / 1. LP wurde als DIE ANDEREN aufgenommen
Was waere mit Juergen Drews Heute, wenn diese LP erfolgreich gewesen waere ????